Recognition

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Stenciling Techniques with Memory Box

MB 2 stencil

Hello and welcome, it's Angie here today with a quick easy clean and simple holiday card featuring the new Holly Wreath stencil and the Merry Christmas Wave die.

Supplies:  https://ldli.co/e/5y1j44p

I love stenciling, especially with pastes, but often I don't have time to let them dry as I need a card quickly.  So this is when I will use inks and ink blending tools with the stencil.  Often the look I get with just ink is just too flat for me, so I will take colored pencils and a white gel pen to add darker colors and highlights with the white pen.

Here's another look at my card:

MB 3 stencil

If you look closely you can see that I added darker greens and turqoise pencil to the leaves and green areas and then I took a red watercolor marker and colored in the berries a dark red.  Lastly I took the white pen and added highlights to the areas across from the darkest spots.   

Next I cut the Merry Christmas sentiment from white card stock and colored the background piece with the same ink I used initally on the stencil.  This die is great because you get all the separate letters too that you can use on a separate card in the future!  Lastly, I added gold jewels around the card.  Here's one last look:

MB 3 stencil

I hope you like my stenciling accents and will give this technique a try.  It really helps the image pop and makes stenciling even more fun. 

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting my friends!

AngiesignatureNEW

 

 

 

Supplies

 

No comments:

Post a Comment