Recognition

Friday, February 16, 2024

Keeping Jeans with Riley and Company


Hello and welcome!  I have a top folding blue jean shaped card for you today!  I got this idea from a picture I saw on pinterest of a card made by Jenna Barber from 2012:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/27021666487063322/


#1237 sentiment, Diet Riley, Baking Riley, Tiki Hawaiian Dress Up, Heart Outline

To make my card I used the Heart Outline die to draw two curves on the bottom of the card, leaving the top folded.  I then drew a line from the bottom of the curve toward the top or waist of the jeans and then cut those edges off toward the top.  I used that card shape to go trim two more white panels and one from textured blue card stock.  I inked the blue one on the edges and then drew and cut out two back pockets, a belt and belt loops from the blue card stock.  The card stock I used was light blue on one side and darker on the other, so I used the darker side for the belt. 

After ink blending Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink to the blue parts I put the card together.  After adding one of the extra white panels to the inside, then glued down string for the clothesline and little Riley jeans to the string.  The little Riley Jeans were made by die cutting the pants from the Tiki Hawaiian Dress Up set, and then marking them with a black pen to simulate stitching on the jeans.  I used the Rock and Roll Dress Up set to help me figure out where to put the black lines to make them look like jeans.  I didn't use the jeans from the Rock and Roll set because the letter jacket on that stamp covers the top of the jeans and I wanted whole die cuts of just jeans.  Here's a look at the inside:


Isn't that sentiment a hoot?  I added the last white extra panel to the back to cover some stray cuts and ink marks I had accidentally done to the back.  This way it looked clean and nice on the back of the card.

Here's one last look at my card!



I hope you like my card for today!  I really enjoyed creating this card - just looking at it cracks me up!

Thanks for stopping by!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment