Recognition

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Two Poinsettias Embossed Cards with Memory Box

Both cards wm

Hello and welcome, it's Angie here today with two cards made with the new 3D embossing folders just released.  These folders come with dies, but I did not use them for these cards.

Supplies:  https://ldli.co/e/3om07kd

As you can see above, the two cards were made with different embossing folder but basically the same technique.  Here's a look at my first card:

Main red wm

I've been seeing a lot of inking on embossing techniques online and I decided to try one of them, inking on the debossed side of the embossed card stock.  I embossed a dark red piece of card stock with the "Perfect Poinsettias 3D embossing folder" (and dies) set and then inked with dark red and black inks on the debossed side and got this beautiful panel.  I added some gold paint pen in flower centers and then trimmed it down a little.  Here's a closer look:

Close red wm

The sentiment is one of the brand new "Merry Christmas Foil Greetings Black Tabs" just released.  I used those on both cards.  They have several different fonts in each packages so you can find just the right ones for your holiday cards.  Here's one last look:

1 Red wm

Now for my second card I thought I'd take that same technique but make it more my own.  I love to do "half card" designs so that's what I did this time.  Here's a look:

Main half embossed wm

First I embossed a light pink piece of card stock with the Poinsettia Corner 3D Embossing Folder (and dies) and added lots of Aged Mahogany Distress ink with an ink blender to the debossed side.  Once it dried, I took my scissors and picked a section to cut out of one side of the embossed panel.  I put it back in the embossing folder and re-embossed it but slightly off center to give it more depth with a shadowed look.  

I embossed an extra piece of watercolor cardstock and then added the 1/2 embossed red panel on top of the white one.  I choose the sentiment tab I thought would look nice and then added gold paint pen accents to the flower centers and the berries. Here's a close up look:

Close half emboss wm

Both card were ink the same way, just cut the 2nd one up and used a partial piece of the whole embossed panel.  Here's one last look at them both.

Both cards wm

I hope you like my cards for today!  I really enjoyed getting inky and creative.  Be sure to come back each day for more inspiration from the design team.  Thanks for stopping by!

AngiesignatureNEW

 

2 comments: