Recognition

Friday, October 27, 2023

The Chocoholic's Advent Calendar Chapter 1 - Riley and Company October Release




Today I have the first of 3 cards I made using the new Funny Bones "Advent Calendar" sentiment. I had so much fun creating this tri-fold card that looks a lot like a real advent calendar.


Supplies: https://ldli.co/e/1pmony7


Supplies: 1 - Chocoholic Riley, Birthday Dress Up, Christmas Dress Up (holly), Snowglobe Dress Up (Merry Christmas sentiment), Snowflake Corner die set


I don't know about you but I LOVE chocolate and if I get an advent calendar, I have to fight myself to not open every door and eat every piece of chocolate in it! (Much like Riley the Chocoholic stamp I used from Riley and Company) That stamp has him eating Easter eggs but I just cut that part out after stamping and coloring the image.


I used patterned paper pack to make all the little flaps, adding a little circle with the date number stamped using the Dress Up birthday stamp set. All the doors actually open except the last 3, hence, it's 3 days till Christmas like the sentiment says!


Under each open flap is some crumpled torn foil to make it look like there was candy wrapped behind the door. I forgot to take a picture of that part!


Above picture is the card folded flat ready to go in the envelope. Below is a close up of Riley on the back flap and the last days of the calendar.




Below is a picture of the middle flap. On all 3 parts of the card I added little snowflakes sequins from my stash. The tiny sentiments inside are from the Snowglobe Dress Up set.




The photo below shows the front flap open so you can see the dies I used there, called Snowflake Corner. It has one large die for the corner and then 3 extra pretty individual snowflake dies. The little holly on top of the sentiment is from the Christmas Dress Up stamp set.




And lastly below, you can see the middle and back flaps with all their lovely partially opened doors, Riley, 2 sentiments and lots of snowflakes on the patterned papers.




I had so much fun creating this card and can't wait to send it for Christmas! I have 2 more Advent calendar cards I will post separately with instructions on how I made them too.


Check out all the new Funny Bones, great new dies and everything in the latest Riley and Company release HERE!


Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment