Recognition

Friday, October 27, 2023

Ho Ho Ho with Felix, Edgar and Burt - New Release from Riley and Company


Hello and welcome!  I have a super fun card for you today featuring a new "Ho Ho Ho" die and a new Funny Bones sentiment, just released from Riley and Company.


Supplies:  Ho Ho Ho easel card front - Ho Ho Ho die + Felix, Edgar & Burt, snowflakes from Snowflake Corner plus Fact: Snow in November

I just love how the critters are peeking out of the "O's" in the die!  It actually cuts a shadow, and outline and the individual letters so you can use it in a lot of ways.  For my card I cut it from the patterned paper and also from white.  I only used the outline in white on my card and paper pieced it into the background one.  

But first you have to stamp, color and cut your critters and all the accessories (candy cane, Santa hat, holly, ornaments, strings of lights and antlers) and put the critters heads through the "O" holes.  Once I got their heads in, I cut the remainder of them off so it 'looks like they are peeking out the holes.  Then I fit and glued the white part of the ho, ho, ho die into the background one. After that I added all the extra accessories and that was so much fun.  I wanted to make them look as crazy as possible!

This card is an easel card and here's what it looks like opened and there's that super funny new Funny Bones sentiment:  

"FACT:  Snow in November happens because people decorate for Christmas prematurely.  You know who you are STOP IT!"

Here's a look at it opened:



You can see I added some fun snowflakes from the Snowflake Corner die set.  Below you can see the card standing as an easel card.  To finish my card I added some white gel pen to the coloring.  (I colored all the images with alcohol markers.)  The papers I used called Winter Meadow from Photoplay Paper are no longer available, but you can recreate this card with whatever holiday papers you have!



I hope you like my snowy easel Ho Ho Ho card for today.  I will be back very soon with some more cards created with the newest release from Riley and Company.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment