Recognition

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Bible Journaling with Joy Clair Pearl of Great Price


I'm here today with a Bible Jounal page using the brand new Joy Clair Color By Faith stamp set called "Pearl of Great Price".

The verse highlighted for this passage is Matthew 13:45-46

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls.  Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."

This parable helps us recognize that the Kingdom of heaven (the Kingdom of God) is far greater than anything.  It IS our treasure, far more valuable than earthly treasures, and nothing compares to a loving relationship with our Creator.  

After discovering that we can enter God's Kingdom, we have the option to go back to our old ways of life or we can seek love, forgiveness and joy in God's kingdom.  

Powerful words to help you keep your life focused on Christ.

This page was so meaningful to work on as I let those words sink in....

Here's  the step by step:
I started by stamping the stamps from the set on some tracing paper and then cut them out.  


I colored the images with Zigs Clean Color Markers, then put clear Gesso on the Bible page.  I then used Distress Inks and markers to color the background on the bible page.  I glued the images on the page after the ink dried and then added washi tape on the edges.  I used 3 sentiments from the Joy Clair Pearl of Great Price stamp set, "You are the Pearl he sought after", "Valuable" and "Treasure".  The fish are from the Joy Clair "Fishers of Men" stamp set.  I also added some stickers from my stash, "rejoice" "heart this" and several black hearts.  Here's a closer view:


And a few more views:



I hope you enjoyed my Bible journaling page - be sure to check out all the Color By Faith stamps from Joy Clair - they make journaling in your Bible very easy!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment