Recognition

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Sunflower Rays - It's Time to Shine



Hello and welcome!

I'm back in the craft cave after a 2 week vacation!  I was so lucky to be able to travel to Canada and Alaska with my DH and see some absolutely amazing sites, plus get out of the Texas heat for a while!

Here's just a view of my favorite pics from the trip:
         

     

It was a great trip, but it's always nice to be home!  So back to the cave I went!

Today, I have a inspirational card for my stash made with the following products:

Unity Sunshine Girl stamp set
Tim Holtz Rays embossing folder and sponge ink applicator
Distress Inks and watercolor brush
Zig Clean Color Brushes
Black Nuvo drops
Black fine line marker
Scissors for fussy cutting

Below, you can see where I cut the image out after stamping it on a piece of watercolor paper that was watercolored with Distress Inks.  After cutting the big image, I went back and fussy cut around the edges, which left off all the cool dots and lines from the stamp.  So after adhering the girl to the card base, I went back in with a black marker and Nuvo drops to try to recreate the cut off section.  I didn't do a very good job, so I got this brilliant idea to put the whole card in my Misti and re-stamp the image directly onto the card.  Oops - fail!  The bottom right wasn't lined up exactly so it came out weird and looked doubled.  I took my black fine line marker and attempted to connect the lines to make them thicker.  You can still tell it's weird down there, but I really liked the card so I'm going with it!



Below you can see that I added lots of Zig Clean color markers to the image for the flowers, leaves, her hair and especially her shirt.  You can also see the doubled lines before I added the marker.



Here's what it looked like before the failed attempt, should have left well enough alone!

  

Thanks so much for stopping by!



I will enter this in:

CASology Sunbeam Challenge #309
CAS Watercolor Challenge
Watercooler Challenge #182

  




9 comments:

  1. What a great image you used with the Sunflowers Angie and beautifully water colored too!! Love the sun rays peeking out from behind the image too! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image and a beautiful card. I love the sunshine peeking out from behind the girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks to me like you've finished this perfectly, Angie! Beautiful coloring of this gorgeous image! Love the rays of sunshine behind her! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Angie, remember stamp boo boos are opportunities to embellish! I think you recovered very well. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Angie, I desperately want this up on my wall. What a gorgeous card and image and colouring. Not to mention the perfect doodling you've done, trying to recreate those dots and swirls. There is nothing about this card that I don't absolutely LOVE. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card you've created! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your finished card looks beautiful to me Angie! Love this large, artsy image! Great watercolouring! Looks awesome with the stenciled rays in the background. Great work adding the black squiggles and dots. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and great use of colour. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete