Recognition

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Two Butterfly Cards


Hello and welcome!  I decided to enter the Twofer Challenge #5 for May:


I have not entered this challenge much because I find it quite challenging!  I have been in awe of the cards and designs others have been able to create using this challenge so today I thought I'd give it another go!

Here's my first card:


It's a CAS birthday card made with stamps from Gina K Designs Birthday Blessings stamp set, GKD card stock, Distress Inks, a Memory Box stitched circle die and black Nuvo drops.

I also added glitter pen to the butterfly which you can see better in this picture:


Here's my 2nd card:


For my second card I used the same butterfly and stamped 1/2 of it around the edges of a piece of Concord & 9th patterned paper in Distress Oxide Inks.  I think it kind of looks like leaves or ferns.

I used Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio, Fossilized Amber, and Worn Lipstick.  I used a Mama Elephant circle die to cut out the center and adhered the striped piece to a white card base.  Then I used the same inks to stamp the sentiments from Wplus9 "Sending Wishing, Hoping" stamp set and color the tiny hearts.  Those hearts are from a Poppystamps curved heart die.  I cut the front of the card down 1/4 inch on each side and added a black piece of card stock behind the top panel to give it a border.  

Here's a closer view:


Thanks so much for stopping by!


I will enter this in:


the first card in:

  

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you played! Your butterfly cards turned out beautifully, and I think you've more than met the challenge. Each is unique and lovely. The added sparkles on your black butterfly is just wonderful, especially against that amazing circle. And your second card is full of fun colors which work perfectly with the stripes. Two wonderful cards. Thank you for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twofers to die for! Both are so very gorgeous. I am still in the thinking stage here, but maybe soon I will be making mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll smile, Angie, but I find it challenging, too! It seemed so simple when I thought of it, but it really does make zee leetle gray cells come alive when it comes right down to the actual designing! You managed it perfectly with these two beautiful cards! That is one gorgeous butterfly and it looks spectacular in black over all those pretty colors in the circle and the schparkle taking it up a notch! Your second design is filled with elements that work so well together, right down to the teeny hearts! It was genius to use the same stamp as a border die, allowing the viewer to see so many different possibilities! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #5!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your distress ink background is lovely and the sparkle is beautiful. Using the butterflies as a border is inspired and looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sparkly butterfly and a fabulous mix of colours for the background. Thanks for playing along with the Inspired by Nature Challenge at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful and classy card! Love the sparkle! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, what a great butterfly card. Love the black glittered butterfly against the colourful background. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin
    Join in our 4th Birthday Celebration at AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete