Recognition

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Thanks for Being There, Blue with Sparkle




Hello and welcome!  Well we are 1/2 through the week and on our way to a great weekend!

I have a card for you that I made with a few challenges in mind.  I made a similar card at the beginning of April for the Joy Clair Challenge - you can see it HERE.  This time I used some new to me colored pencils by Leisure Arts.  I really like how they worked on this card stock!

I took Joy Clair Spring Time Flowers and stamped several times with Versafine Clair ink on some smooth card stock and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I took the Leisure Arts colored pencils and colored the flowers, blending them with Gamsol.  After I was done, I cut the panel into several panels and use two of them, one on the top and one on the bottom of my card base.

I added the Thanks die from Simon Says Stamp with the outline in black and the word in silver glitter paper.  Then I added the little banner with a white heat embossed sentiment from a Simon Says Stamp set called "Thoughtful Messages."  Lastly, I added gems in the flower centers using Lucy's Cards clear gems.  I love how they pick up whatever color they are placed on.

Here's a closer look:


I had so much fun making this card!


Thanks so much for stopping by!


I will enter this in:


  

5 comments:

  1. So very gorgeous and a great design. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a super layout. Wonderful colouring of those pretty flowers and I love the scalloped edging.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I truly love your layout and would love to CASE it some day -I have a very similar curved edge die and I've found it hard to use. This looks amazing! Greta coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete