Recognition

Monday, April 23, 2018

Joy Clair Hugs and Smiles & Spring Time Flowers - "I Miss" Cards

Hello and welcome!  I'm over on the Joy Clair Blog today with some cards I made with some of my favorite Joy Clair Stamp sets!  I can't wait to share them with you!

First up is a card made with Joy Clair Hugs and Smiles Set.  I love this set with the gorgeous floral stamp and all the pretty sentiments!  Because I have a lot of family that I don't live near, I am always needing cards to let them know just how much I miss them.  I send a lot of cards with sentiments like this so when I saw this set, I had to get it!.  It has so many ways to say "I miss you" or "I'm sending you hugs or smiles", etc.  

Here I used the flower image on a piece of Yupo paper that I had colored with alcohol inks.  I cut a small part of the panel down and adhered it to the card base, then used my Misti to stamp the sentiments.  I chose "I miss your wonderful smile!"  

Lastly I added a thin strip of black and white striped paper down the left side.  A really quick and easy card!

Here's another view:


Next I took some more of the same Yupo paper and added alcohol inks in blues and greens but this time, I used a paint brush to make those lines in it.  If you look close you can see the in the picture below.  Then after it dried, I ghost stamped it with Joy Clair Spring Time Flowers stamp set using Archival Ink.  Jennifer McGuire showed this ghost stamping technique with alcohol inks last month in THIS video.  The Joy Clair Spring Time Flowers stamp set has 5 beautiful floral images!


I used the same "I miss" sentiment from the Joy Clair Hugs and Smiles Set, stamped on top of the alcohol inked Yupo paper and added a different sentiment under the panel.  Then I added the same striped paper on the bottom and right side of the Yupo paper.   Here's a closer view:


These cards were very fast, easy and fun to make!  I hope you will check out all the great stamp sets at Joy Clair - there are so many gorgeous sets in their store!





I will enter this in
Always Fun Challenge #55
Simon Says Monday Challenge
The Card Concept Challenge #91
(Clean and Simple)

  

6 comments:

  1. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Always Fun Challenges.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so CAS and wonderful in every way. I love the colors and the fun ways you laid the design out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful, both. I think the first definitely conveys a feeling of missing someone. The alcohol ink BG is so pensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful! Love the black doodle flowers on the first card and the ghost stamping on the second one is so soft and pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such beautiful cards! I love how you combined the delicate swirls and curls of the flowers with the geometric rectangular backgrounds. That blue is stunning and I thought it was genius to arrange the blue panel the way you did on the second card. Thanks so much for sharing something so inspiring with us for this week's Simon Says Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards! Came over here from the Card Concept challenge where I saw your first card and thought it is so fun to see that you just went for the blue in the inspiration! It´s such a fun take on the inspiration. I do have to say that I even like the layout of the second card even more. It is so nice with that corner design piece! There is so much focus on it! And I love this kind of resist effect on it. Gorgeous!
    Kind regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete