Recognition

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Just Us Girls Photo Inspiration Challenge #425



Hello and welcome!  

There's a new challenge starting today at Just Us Girls - it's Photo Inspiration week hosted by Maria!
Challenge #425

Hop on over the the JUGS blog and see what our guest designer Cathy and the rest of the JUGS DT have put together for your inspiration!



I was inspired by the striped carpet, the colors and the time piece for my card.  I used Distress Inks and blended them for my background, then took a Tim Holtz striped stencil and used it along with a baby wipe to remove some of the ink.  I did it both horizontally and vertically - you can see it better in the picture below:





Then I stamped stamps from the Joy Clair's "In God's Time" stamp set.
I added sparkle pen to the watch face and put striped washi tape on the bottom.  I splattered the panel with a mixture of water and gold Perfect Pearls for more shine, then cut the panel out with a stitched rectangle die from MFT.  I added it to a white card base and added some black enamel accents.

A quick and easy card for someone who could really use a pick me up right now!

Hope you will find time to enter the Just Us Girls challenge this week!  Click HERE!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Thanks for stopping by!



10 comments:

  1. I love your background, Angie, and will be adding that technique to my list of ones to try. It added so much interest and texture to a rather simple but beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic background! Awesome colors and those subtle stripes! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Such a beautifully colored background for those images. Great card design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the background and baby wipe. Must try that. Such a fabulous effect. The striped washi tape is a great finish and that sentiment with the watch face - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background you created for your card with distress inks -- so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That background is so cool, I love how you used the babywipe to remove the color for a subtle look. Great take on the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just wonderful. I love the colors in the background, such a great greeting too. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was convinced that was paper and not a blended background Angie! A really fabulous card! Love the old time piece too! The black and white Washi is another element that tied in beautifully! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background you created! So cool! Great card!

    ReplyDelete