Recognition

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Just Us Girls Challenge #409 Word Week - Shoes



It's Word Week at Just Us Girls and Lisa has chosen "Shoes"!  How fun is that?

Our guest designer this month is Linda Snodgrass!  Be sure to stop by her awesome blog to check out her creations!

I chose to use the Darice witches shoes embossing folder for my card.  I embossed it on some watercolor paper, then fussy cut the shoes out and colored them with a black Zig marker.  I added 2 cute brads from my stash, one says "eek" and the other one says "boo".  I used the legs of the embossed piece as a pattern for the dotted paper and cut the socks from it.  That paper and the orange checked paper is from Reverse Confetti's "Fright Night" paper pack.  I used Reverse Confetti "Tangerine" ink for the sentiment background banner and the sentiment is from Reverse Confetti's "Too Cute to Spook" stamp set.  All card stock is from Gina K Designs.

Be sure to check out all the DT cards HERE, and hope you can join us this week!



We can't wait to see what you create! 

Here are a few more views of my card:


13 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I never thought of using an embossing folder and cutting out and coloring the image from it. Duh! Sometimes you miss what is right in front of your nose. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute way to use the word this week! Those shoes appear to be popping right off the card! Happy Wedding weekend too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Angie, this is way too cute. Thanks for the clever idea for using embossing folders

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an embossing folder? I have never seen it, and it's waaay cute. Love that you fussy cut it, don't you just adore witches feet? Great take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great pair of shoes and such a fun card too! I love the witches shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Halloween season too!!! So couple Halloween with JUGs' shoe season... Perfect! Thank you for sharing with SOS... Great idea to use the brads as buckles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Angie... this is so cleverly done. Love the way you've adapted the folder like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your creativity on this! Love the shoes and those awesome polka dot socks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever You Angie! Love how you created this card. Looks simply fabulous. Those brads are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, Angie. How creative of you to use an embossing folder to make your shoes and I love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is some pair of shoes. Such a cute Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever are you to create those witches shoes in this way? Love this card!

    ReplyDelete