Recognition

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Love You More Tissue Paper Flower Border






I watched Loll's video link or CAS mix it up July Challenge on how to make watercolored panels with tissue paper - what an awesome video!  I couldn't wait to try it so boy did I get messy today.  I was covered in ink but made several panels and 2 cards so far!  Here is my first one:

I made a tissue paper panel with Distress Inks and water just like she showed on her video and then adhered it to some Hero Arts acetate.  Then I die cut it with Waffle Flower's "Magic Flower Border" die and attached part of it to a card panel.  I used a rectangle Wplus9 die from "Sunshine Layers" die set to cute the flower and sentiment panel down a little.  I then took a piece of Hero Arts Wood Grain vellum and attached it to a kraft card base, added the sentiment panel and two thin black strips to anchor it.  I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp "Thoughtful Messages", then added clear Nuvo Crystal drops to parts of the flowers.  




I will enter this in the CAS mix it up July Challenge - I used stamps, tissue paper, vellum and Nuvo drops




7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours for your watercoloured and die-cut tissue/acetate, Macimbalo. And a beautiful design with your framed woodgrain panels. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design and gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a fun technique and lovely subtle colors. It's been a while since I played with tissue paper - you've inspired me to haul out my supplies and play .... thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing that great video...I definitely want to try this technique!!! LOVE your card, it's just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love this elegant card. The design really makes those flowers pop, and the Nuvo drops are the perfect touch.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that border die and it's so pretty with the tissue paper flowers! Love the added texture of the woodgrain too! A fantastic card, Angie! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete