Recognition

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Succulent Thanks with Tissue Paper








Here's my 3rd and final card for today using a new to me - technique from  Loll's video link on CAS mix it up July Challenge.  This one I tried to make look like a succulent planter

I made a tissue paper panel with Distress Inks and water and then and adhered it to card panel.  I used Reverse Confetti's Wheat Cuts to cut out the leaves from the watercolored tissue paper, then  the other die in the set with black card stock to outline them.  I arranged them in the stitched pot die (it's just a shape die that I turned upside down so it would look like a pot - haha!) glued them down at the base and then popped the pot on top of them.  Lastly I added a strip of black and white patterned paper to the side and the Simon Says Stamp Script Thanks die in black for the outline and from tissue paper for the word.  

I plan to send this to a very sweet couple to thank them.



I will enter this in the CAS mix it up July Challenge - I used stamps, tissue paper, and stitching.
Little Red Wagon Thanks Challenge #402
   

12 comments:

  1. Really cool & beautiful looking card--they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card using tissue paper, Macimbalo! Love the design, and what a great way to use your stitched partial circle to create the pot. Thanks again for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the colors you used and the clever use of a die to create a pot. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that technique of Loll's so much fun, Angie ... you showcased it beautifully here ... these succulents are fabulous ... and so wonderfully dimensional! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Very cool. Must try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy WOW... that is a GORGEOUS card and an awesome technique! again i say WOW! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (cas!) STASH with us this week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really have embraced the tissue paper, Angie! I think you've had as much fun as the DT has! Love this little pocket and how the black outlines show off your beautifully colored tissue paper so perfectly! Thanks again for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great technique and I really like how these succulents turned out. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gosh, Angie, I love this! It is darling! I have those half-dome dies and appreciate this creative way to use them - thank you for the inspiration!! Pinning! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors on your tissue succulents Angie - and what a great 'punch' layering them to the black gives them - such a creative design! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix up Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angie, I love how your black accents make your beautiful tissue succulents, pop. Wonderful CAS design too. TFS and joining us..again..at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete