Recognition

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Thank You and Sympathy Floral Cards with Memory Box Release

Vellum thanks main

Hello and welcome, it's Angie here today!   I have a card design for you today, that I made for two different purposes. One is a "thank you" card and the other is a "sympathy" card and I used the same technique to create each of these.

Supplies:  https://ldli.co/e/43l4105

The main image was created by dry embossing the large flower from the Cheerful Floral 3D embossing folder (EF1025) on a piece of white card stock and a piece of vellum. Once embossed, I added Distress Inks in Fired Brick and Seedless Preserves on both the debossed side of images - ink pad direct to paper, then used the coordinating die that comes in the Cheerful Floral Clear stamp and die set (CL5278 and CLD5278) I cut both of them out. I did not use the stamp, just the large floral die from the set.

Next I layered the inked vellum piece on top of the inked white panel and adhered them together using a tape runner putting tape only on the darker areas of ink so you can see it. Here's a closer look at the image:

Vellum thanks close

I added that piece to a card base that was 5.5" tall and 3.25" wide. Next I took a piece of A2 card stock (4.25" by 5.5") and added 1/2 inch strips of patterned paper from the Magnolia Grove PP1022 paper pad. Then I added back the the top folding card to the A2 panel right in the middle between the strips of paper. So now when you open the card the patterned paper stays on the inside of the card and only the white part opens up. The sentiment is a new white Circle Tab from the Thank You packed of gold foiled tab sentiment. Lastly I added jewels to the flower centers.

Here's one last look at my card:

Vellum thanks 1

The next card was made exactly the same except I used the stamp and die set CL5270 called Elegant Succulents and heat embossed it in white on black card stock. That is the only difference in the cards.

Vellum sympathy main

Here's a close up view:

Vellum sympathy close

And here's one final view:

Vellum sympathy 1

I hope you like my cards for today, I had so much fun creating with the new release!
Be sure to stop by the blog often for more inspiration. Thanks for stopping by!

AngiesignatureNEW

No comments:

Post a Comment