Recognition

Friday, October 27, 2023

Two Cards featuring Large Dies from Riley and Company October Release


Hello and welcome!  If you follow my blog, you know it's the Riley and Company October release today and I've been sharing tons of cards, but right now, I'm sharing one of my all time favs from the release!

It features the brand new Birch Trees die set, the new Small Thank You die, Cocoa Riley, and Wagon Riley.


To make my card I first took a panel of card stock and lightly ink blended the top portion with Distress Ink, then I cut the "thank you" and birch trees from the new die set.  To get the birch tree look, all I did was to take a dark brown marker and place it next to each of the bark indentions on the die.  It really helps it look just like real birch trees and is simple to do.  I stamped cut and colored everything (including the sentiment) with alcohol markers and a white gel pen.  I added a few snowflake embellishments from my stash and then lots of white dots to simulate snow.  

Here's a closer look:


I don't know what it is about that last card but I really love the Christmas feel of it and I plan to use it for a Christmas gift thank you card!

Now on to card number 2:



For this card I used the brand new "Christmas is Better with Friends" cover die.  It's perfect for easy quick cards and its a beautiful die that cuts easily.  I made an easel card with this die.  First I cut the die from both red and white card stock and then cut the top and bottom off of the white one and glued it to the red one.  I added some white gel pen to the red parts and then added it to at striped panel for the front of my card.  On the inside I used some holly paper to make the easel stopper and then added dotted red paper and the Snowglobe Riley on the bottom.  All images were colored with alcohol markers.

Here's one last look:


I hope you have enjoyed my blast of posts this morning with many of the new Riley and Company goodies.  Check them all out HERE!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope to share more fun cards with you in the next coming days!

Happy crafting my sweet friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment