Recognition

Friday, October 27, 2023

Two Cards - Advent Calendar Mishap with Riley and Company



Hello and welcome! Earlier I shared a funny card featuring the new "Advent Calendar" Funny Bones sentiment just released by Riley and Company. And now I have 2 more cards to show you using that same sentiment!

Supplies:  https://ldli.co/e/1pmony7

Supplies: Block Squares die, Dress Up Bday, Dress Up Christmas, Chocoholic Riley


This time I made the Advent calendar squares from the "Block Squares" die set. I cut it from 2 different colors of patterned and a couple of times from white card stock to stack them up higher. The little doors open and I used the Birthday Dress Up set for the numbers, stamped in white ink and added the little holly decoration and the Santa hat to Riley, from the Christmas Dress Up stamp and die set.

Here's a closer look at the little doors:



The background was dry embossed with a pine tree embossing folder from my stash. Here's a closer look at that:



I love polka dots so I decided to use the same paper to heat emboss the sentiment on. Here's one last look at my first and funny card:



Okay now on to card #2.


For this 2nd card I used the string of lights from the Christmas Dress Up stamp set and stamped a curved border around the whole top panel and then stamped chocoholic Riley on a separate panel.  I colored and cut out Riley.  Next I colored all the lights and then with my scissors, I cut the arch on the edge of each set of lights.


I added Riley behind the heat embossed sentiment and added a small holly from the same dress up set. 


Then I took the top panel and cut 2 more white card stock panels with the light arches on the edges cut up so I could stack up the layers for dimension.   I wanted to lay the lights panel on top of a piece of holly covered paper from my stash so you could see the holly beyond the strings of lights.  I should have taken a side view so you can see the dimension, but if you look close you can tell the lights panel is quite a bit hight that the holly in the background.

I added some white gel pen accents and then Glossy Accents to all the lights so they look really cool in real life!

Here's one last look:



I love white space so this card was one of my favorites from the release.  Be sure to check out all the amazing new products in the Riley and Company release HERE!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I will be back with more cards real soon!




1 comment: