Recognition

Sunday, September 10, 2023

Fun Colorful Pumpkins with Memory Box Dies



Hello and welcome, I'm up on the Memory Box blog today with some super fun colorful pumpkins made with the newest pumpkin die "Autumn Pumpkin." I love non traditional colors for cards so today I went a little crazy on my pumpkin colors! 
 

One of the reasons I wanted to create this card is because I recently started scrapbooking and I have so many left over scraps from those large 12 by 12 papers! So for my card today I picked a group of coordinating paper scraps and used them to cut all the die cuts from. For the background I used the Slim Diagonal Collage die twice to cut the two separate strips of diagonal lines and then backed that panel with a solid color from the paper collection. Here you can see all the pumpkins I cut in a row, alongside the background panel:



You can see all the colorful papers I chose to mix and match. And below you can see that I am arranging them in the order I like right over that solid white strip so it will look like the diagonal die cut the whole panel instead of 2 separate strips.



Once I was happy with my arranged pumpkins, I glued on the stems and leaves to each pumpkin. Next I turned them over and added 2 layers of foam tape down the middle of them. I did this because there are lines cut in the pumpkin with the die so that you can bend the sides backwards a little and it gives the illusion of a more rounded 3D pumpkin. I love that about this die, it really looks realistic in real life. Here's you can see the first layer of foam tape on the back of the pumpkins.



When I added the pumpkins to the background, each had foam tape in the centers and liquid glue on each side so I could kind of round them out a little more than just laying them down flat. Next I cut the background brown piece using the Wrapped Stitched Slim Rectangles largest die from the set. I put my white panel on top and then cut the BOO using brown and white card stock with the Bennet Alphabet die set.




After adding the boo letters on the middle 3 pumpkins, I added shimmer pen and glossy accents to help them stand out more. Here's closer look at this:




I had so much fun creating this large slimline card for today and I hope you will try making non-traditional colored die cuts from your leftover card stock pieces! Here's one last look:



Thanks so much for stopping by!



Supplies

3 comments:

  1. cool pumpkins and a great way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card so much! I'd like to know what paper you used? I went to SSS on your link and purchased the Memory Box pumpkin. I'm not satisfied with my paper because I love what you used so much!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used an older paper pack from My Mind’s Eye Tres Jolie line. Thanks!

      Delete