Recognition

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Gold and Plaid with Memory Box Gracious Floral



Hello and welcome!  I'm up on the Memory Box blog today with this fun plaid "Thank You" card I made for a friend using the newly released "Gracious Floral" products.


To make my card I took the center floral die and cut it from a piece of polished gold paper that was attached to a piece of card stock.  That paper is quite thin so to get a deeper impression later when I emboss it, I want it to be thicker.  After the shape was cut out, I opened the 3D embossing folder and ran it through my die cutting machine.  It gave the flower lovely dimension as you can see in the picture below.

I cut a piece of plaid paper to add the the bottom of the card base and then topped it with a thin strip of gold and another thin strip of black card stock.  The sentiment from the Gracious Floral stamp set, was heat embossed in white on black card stock.  I added the gold flower and sentiment to the card with foam tape and glue.  Here's another look:


I made one more card using the Memory Box papers and the gold polished foil and here it is:


The paper is from the Magnolia Grove and I used the large floral die from the stamp set to cut the image out and then ran it through my die cutting machine with the 3D embossing folder.  The sentiment is a 2 piece die called Hugs Tender Script.  It's so shiny in real life!

I hope you like my cards for today.  I really like how it turned out.  Be sure to come back tomorrow for some more inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment