Recognition

Monday, June 20, 2022

Rainbow Birthday Butterfly Slimline

Hello and welcome!  I'm up on the Memory Box blog today with a fun full size slimline card made with 2 new products from the latest release.

1)  Intricate Mini Butterflies Dies  94641 and 2)  Posh Happy Birthday Hot Foil Plate MBF011

Here's a closer look at my card:





















This card was super fast to create and here's how I did it.

1)  Ink blend on a  large piece of white card stock with your favorite inks in rainbow order.  I choose lighter colors of Distress Oxide Ink for a more pastel look but you could use any inks you have.

2)  I cut one strip about 2 inches wide for my car and added it to the card base with two thin strips of black card stock on either side.

3)  Using the rest of your ink blended card stock, die cuts several butterflies with the mini butterfly die.  It's great because it cuts out a lot of them all at once.   I cut it about 3 times so I would have lots of butterflies to chose from and some left over for my stash.

4)  Add some color to the edges of the butterflies.  I used colored pencils and also tan ink with a finger dauber, just to give them a little more depth and contrast.

5)  Arrange the butterflies like you want and glue only the center of each down to the rainbow strip.

6)  Once dried, lift the wings for dimension and add tiny gems to their back centers.

7)  With the hot foil place create your sentiment.  I used Aurora Foil from Gemini on black card stock and then use the coordinating die to cut it out.

8)  After glueing the sentiment on, I added little antenna for each butterfly and random black dots with a fine tip black marker all over the card front.

Here's one last look:





















I hope you like my rainbow card for today. I'm looking forward to sending this to a friend who loves rainbows!

Be sure to check out all the new wonderful items in the latest Memory Box release and thanks so much for stopping by!



 

 



Supplies

 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. It has everything, interesting butterflies and a great background along with shimmer and shine. The friend you intend it for will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card design with all the beautiful colored butterflies and the rainbow background. Adding black really accents it so well. Thanks for sharing all the details.

    ReplyDelete