Recognition

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Just Us Girls Wild Card Challenge #551

  

Hello and welcome to a brand new Wild Card Challenge over at Just Us Girls hosted by Carol!
Here's the theme she has chosen:



I made two very similar cards for this challenge with the same supplies.


I smooshed Distress Inks onto watercolor paper then cut the butterflies from Simon Says Stamp out of that watercolor paper and black card stock too.  The die comes with a stitched dotted frame around the butterfly so I used that on the white card panel for the top.  On the pink/yellow one, I inserted the butterfly into the opening but on the green/blue one I added it on top and layered it on top of 2 more die-cut black butterflies.  I only glued the center to the card so the wings are free to stand out a little.

Here's a few more views of my cards:



I hope you have a chance to play along this week!

Be sure to stop by the JUGS blog to see what our amazing guest designer, Lisa Elton, and the whole team have prepared for you!  I can't wait to see what you create!



I will enter this in:





9 comments:

  1. I love both of these Angie but the second one is my fav as I like the way it's popping up off of the card base. Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so beautiful and I love the two different ways you used the butterfly die too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely, lovely butterfly cards x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, both of these cards are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A duo of beautiful butterflies, Angie! You've showcased this pretty die wonderfully!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful Angie, what a fabulous butterfly! I've enjoyed guesting with the team this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Angie these are gob smackin' gorgeous. So love that butterfly die and how you have showcased it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the different ways you used the butterfly die, Angie, and in different colors too. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty! Love the different colors and the cool smooshing you achieved with them!

    ReplyDelete