Recognition

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Sympathy Card with Joy Clair Living Water


Hello and welcome.

Today is not the most fun crafting day, as I am making sympathy cards.
Yesterday, my ex-mother-in-law passed away, just 11 months after my ex-father-in-law passed away. 
She had lived a good life and I think she just missed her DH so much, she couldn't go on.

It's odd that when you're divorced, you have ex-relatives and it's not always a "comfortable" situation after the divorce.  You don't just lose a spouse in a divorce, but often, you lose that whole part of your family.  So even though I was married and her daughter-in-law for 17 years, and considered them all my family, after a divorce, you are no longer really related.  Since my divorce was 20 years ago, we have all moved on,  remarried, and have larger blended families, etc.  But you don't forget the "former family" for you, and the still current family for your children.

This is the 3rd death of my ex-family, the first was my ex-grandmother, who I was very close to, but because of the divorce, not really welcome to attend her funeral.  So in divorce, you grieve to yourself and for your children who have lost their great-grandmother, grandfather and now their grandmother.  My three adult children, as of yesterday, have no grandparents left and I know they are devastated about it.  My heart breaks for them, and all I can do is comfort them, pray for them and send sympathy cards.  These are the hardest ever to make.

So rest in peace, all three of my ex-in-laws.  I know that God has refreshed you and made you whole again.  A sad day indeed here on earth, but a happy one in heaven as I know you are all reunited.

Here are a few more views of my first sympathy card:





Supplies used:

Tim Holtz Distress Crayons
Versafine Clair Ink
Gina K Designs Amalgam Ink
Zig Clean Color markers
Distress Inks
Avery Elle Pinked Die
Gina K Designs Heavyweight card base

I will have more cards to post later today.
Thanks for stopping by.


I will enter this card in:


  

5 comments:

  1. So gorgeous - a lovely scene, and a lovely quote. The coloring here is amazing! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is a stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme is Winter Animals. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Lovely scene and scripture. Thanks for joining us at SUNDAY STAMPS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Your coloring is just perfect, love your clean design too! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful sympathy card! I love your coloring. A perfect clean and simple card= lovely. Thanks for playing along with Sunday Stamps! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete