Recognition

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Joy Clair Falling Leaves Background with Joy Clair Living Water


Hello and welcome!

I'm over on the Joy Clair blog with a fall card for you using 2 of our newly released sets:

Here's a look at both sets:


Both sets are gorgeous!  I used the Joy Clair Falling Leaves Background with just one sentiment from Living Water set.


First I took Deco Foil in Emerald Watercolor and added it to a piece of card stock that I had added glue to randomly around the paper.  So the foil stuck randomly and it looked pretty cool, but not good enough to use as a background by itself.  So I took a piece of vellum and stamped the leaf background stamp on it in Staz-On ink and colored the back of the vellum in fall leaf colors

Next I added the vellum to the foiled background piece and added two rectangle dies to it.  One A2 size frame with an MFT scalloped rectangle frame inside of it.  I used another MFT rectangle die for the sentiment after heat embossing in in white.  I popped the sentiment up on fun foam and then added Studio Katia water droplets on the card.  

Here's a final look at my card:


I'm so glad I decided to use that foiled panel with the vellum over it.  It really helped soften the harsh edges I had gotten with the glue and foil.  Just shows you, hold on to pieces you make that you think didn't work for your project because they might work for a different project!

Happy crafting my friends!  And don't forget to check out all the new released stamps HERE at Joy Clair stamps

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, lovely autumn leaves
    Thank you for joining us at BBB
    Margaret DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, Angie! I love the colors, and your transparent design! Thanks for uploading your fabulous creation to Back to Basics and Beyond Challenges. I hope we will see more of your artwork in our future challenges. Be sure to check back later to see if you have won!
    Crafty hugs, de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, so soft and very pretty...thank you for joining our challenge at Back To Basics and Beyond!!
    Diane BBB DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond. Happy crafting! Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete