Recognition

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Just For You - 2 Cards with Altenew & Fall Colors


Hello and welcome!

I'm here today with 2 cards I made using beautiful fall colors. 

I love fall colors, so these were really fun to make.

First I made a watercolor panel using Distress Inks and the colors from the challenge.
Next I cut out a strip of hearts using the Poppystamps Stitched Heart Border Die.

I stamped the images from Altenew's "Golden Garden" stamp set,  in exactly the same place on both card panels but the first one I colored with Zigs and inks and the 2nd one with inks and a tiny make up brush.

For card one, I kept the top panel A2 sized, and for 2nd card I cut it down a little on each side.

Here's a closer look at card 1:


The sentiment for both cards is from Altenew "Penned Rose".

Here's another view:


Lastly for card one I added in all those watercolored hearts in the open heart spaces and finished it off with Nuvo Jewel Drops in yellow and orange.

Here's a look at those hearts and the clear Nuvo drops:


Below is the 2nd card, just slightly different than the first:


I used the watercolored strip cut with the same die on the bottom and cut another one from the top, then added it to a charcoal brown card stock panel.


I cut it down on the side a little and added it to a white card base and put a very thin strip of the brown on both sides for definition.  Here's one last look at my 2nd card.
You can see that the leaves have been lightly inked as well as the bloom and I used the same Nuvo drops on it only fewer.


Thanks so much for stopping by!


I will enter the first card in:



8 comments:

  1. beautiful Angie. Love the colour of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coloring-just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty seasonal creation for our Autumnal themes at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges,many thanks for joining in. Greetings from Spain, Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS card and fabulous colors! The heart border is adorable~pretty design!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the Scrapy Land 100th challenge!
    Sherrie K
    Scrapy Land DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, the colors are so unusual, but quite haunting and eye-catching. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely gorgeous card! Great use of colour and so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or rather they are both gorgeous cards! Sorry, don't know where my head is at today :) I think I like the second one best though they're both wonderful.

      Delete
  7. Two beautiful elegant cards. Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Autumn Splendour' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete