Recognition

Saturday, September 15, 2018

One Layer Floral with Unity Stamps


Hello and welcome!

I had a little time to play in the cave today and I came up with this one layer floral card using Unity Stamps Summer Time Bouquet.  I just love this cluster of flowers and the sentiment in this set.

I stamped the first cluster and heat embossed it, then colored it with a combination of alcohol and watercolor markers.  Then I covered the image with a VersaMarker (ala Jennifer McGuire's recent video about masking with embossing) and then heat embossed the whole first image in clear.  Next I stamped the cluster again, wiped away the ink from the first image with a dry cloth, and heat embossed the outlined image.  I colored the 2nd one and then after it dried, I added Versamarker and clear embossing to the whole 2nd image.  Then I added the sentiment and heat embossed it.  I added some sparkle with a gel pen and some black dots with Distress Ink in black soot.  Then I took the Tim Holtz rays stencil and very lightly added a little yellow ink to form a glow from the flowers.
Lastly I rounded 3 corners of the card for interest.

Here's a closer view of the image:


Thanks so much for stopping by!


I will enter this in:


2 comments:

  1. Totally stunning, Angie ! Love this beautiful bouquet with its shiny look thanks to the clear embossing. Also a great tip to stamp and mask ! Love how you highlight your floral clusters with the yellow rays ! Fabulous CAS OL card. Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete