Recognition

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Just Us Girls Trend Week Challenge #457 - Hand Drawn Elements


Hello and welcome!

Today starts a new challenge over at Just Us Girls!  It's "Trend Week" and hosted by the lovely Carol!
She has chosen "Hand Drawn Elements!"



I panicked a little when I saw the challenge theme because I am NO artist by any means.  I draw a mean stick figure and that's about it!  So for my card I drew little flowers (they look like a child drew them, haha!) on some watercolor paper that I colored with Lindey's Magicals.

I also learned from Carol that the "Hand Drawn Elements" can mean any stamp you have that looks like it is hand drawn and is kind of sketchy looking, etc.

I fussy cut them out and added enamel dots in their centers then took my T-ruler and drew partial lines around the card.  I left a few spaces and filled those with hand drawn zig zag lines.  Lastly I added two dotted flags I made from patterned paper from Papertrey Ink.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from the new Joy Clair "You've Got This" stamp set.

Thank goodness I am a CAS (clean and simple) kind of card maker - Yay, I get to have a lot of white space on my card!  




Stop by the JUGS blog to see what our guest designer, Julie Beech and the whole design team has to inspire you this week!

Thanks for stopping by!





I will enter this in;

CAS on Friday Challenge #141

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card design with those pretty flowers and the nice frame. Great colors too! And a sentiment with lots of good advice. Try to find the calm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your zig zag lines and cute little flowers! I need to remember this sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sentiment and well done with your flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rough look you got from fussing cutting those pretty 'magical' flowers Angie. Super sentiment and fabulous zig zagging - perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your flowers! There was no way I way going to attempt to draw any images, but yours look fantastic! Love the way you colored them and that sentiment is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are absolutely awesome! How brave of you to embrace 'hand-drawn' so fully (unlike yours truly, who let stamps do all the work *grin*). Love your card; delighting in your enthusiasm and creativity!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found a frame was the way to go too, Angie, although I think your hand drawn flowers look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Gorgeous flowers and frame. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete