Recognition

Monday, September 10, 2018

Hello Sunshine!



Hello and welcome!

I'm here today with a CAS card using a cute stamp set from MFT called Polynesian Paradise.
I wanted to ink a background with an edgy shape, not just a rectangle or oval, so I took a copy of a piece of sheet music I didn't need and cut it to A2 size, then folded it in half lengthwise.  I took my scissors and cut out a wonky kind of shape out of the center, then used it for a mask over my card base.  I wanted it to look "sunshine" like so I picked inks in shade of yellow.  I inked it with Distress Inks, splashed water on it and dried it.  Then I took Distress black soot ink and made lots of spots and splotches inside the mask.  Here's a look at the mask I cut.


I stamped and colored the images from the set and colored them with Zig Clean Color markers and a waterbrush.  (I cut them with my Scan n Cut.)  I took a strip of white card stock and hand cut out a tree branch and colored it with brown Zigs, then adhered it to the card.  Next, I arranged the stamped and cut elements on the card front, some directly on the card and others with foam tape.  I added lots of Spectrum Noir to all the cut pieces. Then I added sequins to the center of the flowers and clear Nuvo drops to the center of the sequins.

Here's a closer look at the shine and sequins on the flowers:


and a closer look at the whole card: 


And one final look:


Thanks so much for stopping by!


I will enter this in:



  

5 comments:

  1. This is so well done! I love the colors! Everything flows so well. Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wonky shape background and all the design elements you added to it to create your beautiful card. It is so wonderful with the flowers and cute bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I really like the way you did the background. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing your process. Also, thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous card! Love the loose edge to the background. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete