Recognition

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Happy Birthday Stained Glass Glitter Card for Dies R Us


Hello and welcome!  It's Angie here today with a sparkly birthday card I created for the inspiration team of Dies R Us!

To make my card I diecut the Sue Wilson Butterfly Stained Glass die out of a black piece of card stock that was adhered to Stick-It adhesive paper.

 For the background, I inked a background piece of white card stock with Distress Oxide Inks in reds, yellow and greens.  Next I added lots of Versamark ink and some glitter embossing powder to make it shine.  Below is what it looked like before I added the heat to it.


I cut a scalloped border frame with a die from my stash and added it to the outside of the butterfly die and cut the black edges down a little so that the whole panel would have a white outline from the card base.
  Here's a closer look:


Lastly I cut a Impression Obsession Bottom Edger die "Happy Birthday" and added it to the bottom.

You can really see the shine from the glitter in this picture:



Supplies used:


                                                  

Stick-It adhesive paper                                        Distress Oxide Abandoned Coral Ink
                                   

                                        

I hope I inspired you in your crafting adventures! 
Remember, Dies R Us store carries much more than just dies so check it out HERE and happy crafting my friends!

Thanks!





Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.

For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.











2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning design and I love those colors you used on it too. So lovely with all that shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love all that glitter, and the black really makes the whole thing pop!

    ReplyDelete