Recognition

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Dies R Us - Clean & Simple Happy Birthday with Watercolor Accents

Hi there, it's Angie here today with a clean and simple birthday card made with some of my favorite dies!  I don't know about you, but I always need birthday cards for my stash so I'm glad I was able to create another one today!

Here's how I made my card:

I put some Distress Inks on my craft mat and added water to them so I could "smoosh" my watercolor paper on it.  I did several layers and dried the in between each layer.  The colors I used were:

Then I took a card panel and used the Impression Obsession Geometric Cutout #2 die to cut it.  Then I looked through my set of circle dies from Sizzix to find the right size to make a border around the cutout die.  


Here's how I cut the border, I used some medical tape to hold the dies together before I ran them through my Big Shot.


Below you can see what the cut out looks like without the border.  These Impression Obsession Geometric Cutout dies are amazing - I love the negative space they create!  I used the Memory Box Pennington Rose Die to cut several flowers.  The black was for the flower outline die and the 2nd die in the set cuts a solid background for the flowers.  I cut those from the watercolored paper.  


I used a Zig Two Way Glue Pen to adhere the border to the edges of the cutout die:


Now, I was ready to glue the flower backgrounds to the outlines and also to work on the layout for my card.


I decided to put the two mostly purple flowers down flat on the left side and popped up the more yellow flower with Thermoweb- 3D Foam Squares.


Next I stamped the birthday greeting from one my stamp sets in my stash.


To finish my card I adhered a thin strip of striped paper at the bottom where the stems ended and the adhered the card panel to a piece of black card stock, and then to a top folding card base.   And of course, I always have to use Nuvo drops for my final accents!
Here's a final look at my completed card:



I hope I inspired you in your crafting adventures! 
Remember, Dies R Us store carries much more than just dies so check it out HERE and happy crafting my friends!

Thanks!



Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.






4 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Angie. Lovely dies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful birthday card. I have that die too and have not used it yet. But I think you are inspiring me to get it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute! I love the progress photos. Very cool technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Always Happy Birthday.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete