Recognition

Monday, April 9, 2018

Time to Shine with Unity Angie's Girls and Leisure Arts Watercolor Pencils


Hello and welcome!

Today I spent some time in the cave with a new set of Leisure Arts Watercolor Pencils and some Arches Cold Pressed Watercolor Paper and made this card for a family member.

If you look closely at the picture below, you can see parts of the girl's shirt and jacket that I have not added water to yet.  I did add water to the jeans her right sleeve and her jeans and you can see how the water reacted with the pencils to smooth everything out.


The image is from Unity Stamps, Angie's Girls, "Journey Girl" and so it the sentiment above.  I decided I wanted a different sentiment so I took an MFT edge die and cut off both sides around the girl and then adhered that to a heavy weight card base.

Then I took the sentiment from "Sunshine Girl" and added it to the card front with Versafine Clair ink.  That ink is so bold it only took stamping it one time to come out that dark and clear.

I had put it in my Misti, just in case, because I knew I was stamped over the edge of the watercolor paper and I was afraid it wouldn't come out, but it did!

Lastly, I took a fine tipped black marker and made her shirt into a plaid or checked shirt.

Here's a closer view of my finished card:


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope your week is off to a great start!


I will enter this in:

  

7 comments:

  1. Great Angie!!! Than you for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super adorable, Angie. I love the girl and your coloring work is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card with an inspirational sentiment. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a neat card. I love the image and sentiment on it and your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning Angie. Beautifully coloured and a fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete