Recognition

Friday, April 6, 2018

Joy Clair Butterfly Kisses - 2 ways plus In God's Time

Hello and welcome!  I'm over at the Joy Clair blog today with a couple of projects using the Joy Clair Butterfly Kisses stamp set and Joy Clair's Color By Faith Series "In God's Time"stamp set.

Here's how I made my card:

1)  I used orange and pink Distress Inks to watercoloring my background then stamped the butterflies and sentiment from in Versafine black ink from the Joy Clair Butterfly Kisses stamp set.
2)  I die cut the panel with a scalloped stitched rectangle die from Wplus9.
3)  To finish the card I popped the panel up on foam tape and added clear drops.
Quick and easy!

Here's a close up view:




For my second project today I used Joy Clair's Color By Faith Series "In God's Time"stamp set along with the Joy Clair Butterfly Kisses stamp set to create a bible journal page.

First I highlighted my scripture which is:

Psalms 27:14

 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

I often struggle with patience and worry before realizing I need to trust that things will work out - I just need to have faith.  I need to free myself from worry - and what is more free than a butterfly!  I love this image with all the butterflies, so it seemed perfect to use for this verse that is particularly special to me.

Here's the page I created:



Here's how I created this:



1)  I started out by highlighted the verse.



2)  I laid the bible page on my Sizzix stamping pad so I could be sure to get a good stamped image of the butterflies.



3)  I colored the butterflies with Crayola Twistable pencils, Zig Clean color markers and Gel glitter pens.  The pencils ended up being too light colored so I added Zigs to darken the color.



4)  I added some heart and arrow stickers from my stash and another sticker that says "Be still and know that I am God."  I used "trust Him" and "God has perfect timing" stamps from the Joy Clair's Color By Faith Series "In God's Time"stamp set.  I used Archival Inks in Vivid Chartreuse and Garden Patina.



5)  Here's what it looked like so far:



6)  I took the Echo Park "Magic Plaid Stencil" and some Evergreen Bough Distress Ink and inked the top and the bottom sections of the margin.  I used Post it notes and Post it tape for masking.



7)  Lastly I added sparkle pen to parts of the page, a black and white strip under the verse and very thin strips of silver glitter paper to outline parts of the page.

Here's my finished project:



That's it for me today!  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Check out all the great stamps sets for your projects at:


I will enter the card in:


  
 


I will enter the Bible Journaling page in:

 

13 comments:

  1. Both the Bible Journal page and the card are beautiful! I love how different they each look though they used the same stamp.
    I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where it's always "Anything Goes" as long as you use a product from one of the companies in the store. (You did!)
    Current Link Party can be found here: http://cropstop.blogspot.com/2018/04/april-link-party-38.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up! I hope you'll join us again soon!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful butterflies on both of your projects. That card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Angie. And I LOVE the Bible journaling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, the flurry of butterflies is lovely, thank you for joining in at MMM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and page. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful watercolour background you've created for this amazing waterfall of butterflies. Stunning. The addition of the water drops is special too. Both your card and your JA scripture page are lovely, and the scripture so true and meaningful. Thanks for sharing your both projects with us at the "Feminine" Anything Goes challenge at the Watercooler this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I absolutely love the watercolored background you created! Thanks so much for joining us at TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Angie! Love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this is remarkably beautiful! Thanks for joining in with us this week over at TGIF Challenges!💖

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful dcard, using a gorgeous stamp. Thanks so much for joining us at Make My Monday. Good luck. We would love for you to visit us again. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete