Recognition

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Happy Mother's Day Floral Card


Hello and welcome!

I have a card I made today with a couple of challenge in mind.  I took a piece of kraft card stock and cut it with Tonic "Blossom Spray" die and then again with a Tutti Designs Nesting Cross Stitched die.  I took a piece of white card stock and put it behind the opening the die made.  I only adhered the edges so that the die openings could be more elevated for dimension.  I took my piercing tool and pierced the die tiny holes more to make them bigger.  Next I used Zig Clean Color markers in green, aqua and yellow to color inside the openings just a little.

Then I took the whole panel and sprayed tons of Shimmer Spray on the rectangle.  After it dried I went over the coloring again to add some more layers and highlights in the openings.  Next I adhered it to a kraft card base with foam tape, added a white strip on the top and stamped the sentiment from the new Your Next Stamp "Flowers and Smiles" stamp set in Versafine Clair ink.

Here's a closer view:


It was really hard to get a picture of all the shimmer in the rectangle picture, but I tried:


I will enter this card in:

  
  



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us Cimba at the All About Occasions challenge at Watercooler Wednesday this week and sharing your wonderful card. Wow, so much die cutting and it all works. I love the craft topper and your colourful flowers. Great idea to enlarge those poke holes. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love this card, Angie! Such a gorgeous die-cut panel and such a soft grey overall. The colours visible through the cuts really "pop" and add such elegance to your creation. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the different dies! The simple colouring through the die-cut areas is so effective and really highlights the die-cut. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along in the WWC!!

    ReplyDelete