Recognition

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Joy Clair Scriptures of Love and New Baby Cards


Hello and welcome!  We are collaborating with My Sweet Petunia this month showcasing the Mini Misti and I'm so excited to share my love of this product with you!  Check out the details HERE!   This stamping tool has made such a huge difference in the world of stamping!

For the month of March, make sure you leave comments on both the collaborative posts (that have this collaborative graphic below) on both the My Sweet Petunia Blog and the Joy Clair Blog and don't forget to comment on both their design team's blogs) for chances to win prizes!



I'm also showcasing the new stamp set from the latest Joy Clair release - Scriptures of Love for my first project today.  This set has really pretty font and wonderful verses of love from the Word.  Here's a good look at the stamp set:


I decided to make a card for a family member who is going through some tough times right now.
I took a We R Memories Next level heart embossing folder and embossed a piece of white card stock.  Then I took a Hero Arts Soft Pink Shadow ink inked and rubbed it all over the embossed paper.  It looks darker in the picture below because those shadow inks go on splotchy at first, but even out to a really soft pretty shade when dried.
  


I got out my Mini Misti and started stamping the verses so I could decide which one of them would work best for my card.  I'm so glad I did because I didn't get a good first impression with my stamping because my ink pad was dry!  So I re-inked it and because I still had the stamp in the Mini Misti, I was able to re-stamp it exactly over the first try!  Love that you can do the with the Mini Misti!  After stamping several verses, I decided on "I love you at your darkest" Romans 5:8



I used a window die from MFT in the bottom right corner and put the sentiment behind the opening.  Then I trimmed the embossed panel down a little and adhered it to the top left corner of a top folding white card base.


For the final touch, I added a thin black bow (SSS die) in the window's corner. 
Here's my completed card:




Now on to my 2nd project for today!


For these cards I used the Joy Clair new release set:  New Baby

How cute are these images?


So many cute sentiments and images give you limitless possibilities for cards and projects!

Here's how I made my cards.  I took patterned paper from Echo Park and Papertrey Ink and stamped the onsie on lots of different prints.  I cut them out, then I chose sentiments for the fronts of them.


I laid them out on the card front so that I could still see the words on the front of the onesies, and then stamped "Congrats on your" at the top with my Mini Misti.


Then I took some of the same papers and cut thin strips for the sides of the card.
The card on the left was made with all Papertrey Ink papers, and the card on the right with Echo Park papers.


  

Here's my finished cards:



The Color by Faith Collection of stamps from Joy Clair has a large selection of stamps that work perfectly for bible journaling, card making and scrapbooking too!  Be sure to check out all of the possibilities HERE.  This set I used today, Scriptures of Love, is really perfect for so many projects!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


I will enter the first card (pink one) in:

  



5 comments:

  1. All your cards are so beautiful. I love the heart one with the LOVE message. And, those baby cards are super great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great heart background with the dry embossing. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby cards are so adorable and love the scripty heart one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the heart background and the onesies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so beautiful! Love those great sentiments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete