Recognition

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Joy Clair Chain Breaker & Call on the Lord Bible Journaling sets with the Mini Misti





Hello and welcome!  I'm here using 2 Joy Clair bible journaling stamp sets in projects with my Mini Misti - as we are collaborating all month with My Sweet Petunia!  Check out the details here:

For the month of March, make sure you leave comments on both the collaborative posts (that have this collaborative graphic below) on both the My Sweet Petunia Blog and the Joy Clair Blog and don't forget to comment on both their design team's blogs) for chances to win prizes!




I have been experimenting with using tracing paper in my bible pages rather than always stamping directly on to the bible page.  Today I used tracing paper to stamp the chains from the Joy Clair "Chain Breaker" set from their Color by Faith stamp collection.  This set was newly released and has some great images and sentiments.


First I took clear gesso and put one coat on my bible page highlighting - John 8:32
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make your free."

I used my Mini Misti to stamp the chains on tracing paper.  On my first attempt I stamped the chains with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with silver embossing powder.  I decided I wanted a darker outline so went back and stamped another set of chains in black.  I stamped them several times because I wanted it really dark.  The Mini Misti allows you to do this with great accuracy!)



Then I took my Versamark pen and filled in the chains with versa mark ink and added the silver embossing powder so I could heat emboss it.   Now I had a nice black outline with shiny silver inside for the chains - much better!  I laid out the pieces of stamped and embossed tracing paper to decide how I wanted to design my page and to make sure I had room for the stamps.  Then I stamped directly on the bible page:  "I am set free" at the top and "My chains are broken" on the bottom.



After stamping both of those I masked off the bible text, and used Distress Crayons and a baby wipe to create some background color.



Then I dried the page with my heat tool and glued the tracing paper chains in my bible.  Then I added a Tim Holtz stencil with some Distress Ink and a ink blending tool.  


I had a few arrow stickers in my stash so I added them to point to the verses about freedom and used highlighter washi tape to mark the verses in matching colors.  I cut some May Arts black dotted ribbon to adhere around the page.  Lastly I added a card stock paper clip at the top of the page from an old Simon Says kit that I had saved to mark my page so I can find it quickly.

Here's my finished page using both the Mini Misti and Joy Clair Chain Breaker stamp set:



Here's a view that shows the stenciling up close:



I am new to bible journaling and have found the Joy Clair Color by Faith series of stamps make it so easy and fun to create pages that inspire me.  There are a lot of sets in this series to help you with your bible study and your journaling. 

And as verse 31 says:  If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed




For my second project, I used the Joy Clair Call on the Lord bible journaling stamp set.  I used it for a card instead of bible journaling.    Here's a look at this set:



I cut some crosses with Paper Smooches dies out of silver glitter paper and black card stock.  Then I put one cross and the sentiment I wanted to use on a piece of card stock that I had watercolored with Distress Inks.



I used my Mini Misti to get a nice dark sentiment.  If you notice I only used part of the sentiment.  I cut the top part of it off and just used the bottom section.

'

And here is my finished card:



I absolutely love both these stamp sets:  Joy Clair "Chain Breaker" set and the  Joy Clair Call on the Lord stamp set!  I especially like the variety of sentiments. And using the Mini Misti has made these projects much easier!

I hope you have enjoyed today's tutorial and thanks so much for stopping by!

 Check out all the Joy Clair Color by Faith series of stamps HERE!


I will enter the card in:

  

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful page design and card with these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Angie. I adore the soft water coloured back ground teamed with the silver and black accents. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Bible journal page and card. The stamps are beautiful! I saw your entry over at STAMPlorations and wanted to pop in for a closer look. So glad I did! Enjoy your day and Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are gorgeous Angie! Your water coloured background is so soft and pretty and with the contrast of your silver and black details is a fabulously striking effect. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderfully textured and colourful backgrounds you were able to create Angie! I really love the more fluid nature of second one. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw your beautiful card in the STAMPlorations gallery - thanks for joining us this month. And wow - your Bible journaling is so bold and beautiful. Great choice for those chains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is a really wonderful project. I've never seen Bible journaling before, I am really intrigued. I like how you have highlighted the verse and the ribbon elements. Your card is lovely CAS. I like the glitter paper. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Bible page--I like the silver embossing on the chains. Lovely cross card too.

    ReplyDelete