Recognition

Monday, January 22, 2018

Watercolored Kraft Birthday Cards




Hello and welcome!
I had a little time to create today in the cave and I made more birthday cards for my stash. 



Here's how I made them:

I took a piece of kraft card stock and watercolored it with Distress Inks.  After it dried, I used Memory Box's "Pennington Rose" die to cut some from the kraft and cut from white and black too.

I pieced together the flower dies and came up with color combinations that I liked, then used Memory Box's "Stitched Rectangle Dies" to cut more of the watercolored paper.  I stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday" from Altenew's "Persian Motifs" stamp set.  I added the larger rectangle to a white card base.  I cut the front of the card on the right side and on the bottom and glued a piece of Gina K Designs striped patterned paper so it would peek out on the bottom and right side.  For my other card pieced the watercolored rose in the white card negative space, added the black outline of the flower and added a thin strip of the watercolored paper to the bottom to anchor the card a little more.
Lastly I added clear Nuvo drops to finish both cards.

Here's a close up of each card:



I hope you like my watercolored kraft card stock creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by!




I will enter this in:


  
  

9 comments:

  1. TFS all your beautiful cards, Macimbalo. I love the effect you achieved with watercoloring kraft cs with Distress Inks and then die cut your flowers. Wonderfully creative CAS designs. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful effect of watercolouring on Kraft. I love the colours and they are perfect with our inlaid die. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun effect . The colouring is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely effect, l've not seen watercolouring on kraft before...very effective! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never thought of using watercolor on kraft. I LOVE kraft, so I think I might have to try this. Your cards are stunning, all of them. I really like the clean and simple design, and the stripe just adds to the whole look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your watercolouring on top of kraft cs - must try that! Two beautiful cards! Great embellishing with the Nuvo drops. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards watercolouring on kraft Angie! Pretty CAS designs for both. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful results watercoloring on kraft, Angie! I need to give that a try! Love how you've used the sweet rose differently on each one! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm playing catch up after the holidays....gorgeous watercolouring on Kraft, who knew the results could be so good! Thanks for joining the fun of sharing something new over at Just Add Ink x

    ReplyDelete