Recognition

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Just A Note with Alcohol Inks


Hello and welcome!  I had some time to play with alcohol inks today on Yupo paper.  What a fun mess that is!  Good thing I wore gloves - but I still got it all over me and my craft mat! 
That's what I call a fun day of crafting!

I wanted to use the Yupo to cut word dies out of.  I started with the "Just a Note" die from a set by Avery Elle.  I cut it from the Yupo inked paper, then some white fun foam and 3 black ones from card stock.  I stacked them all up on each other a little offset for interest.  Then I did the same thing with the note die from Casual Fri-days.  It needed something on the left side to balance it out so I used many of my old tricks and nothing looked right.....so I cut the left side with the Poppy Stamps "Dotted Curved die" and kept the left side.  I cut a little off of the left side and then added it and the right side with the note and sentiment to a piece of Papertrey Ink striped patterned paper.

The picture on the right is with just the right side added to the strips and the picture on the left has the left side attached with just a thin strip of the striped paper showing.  I liked both designs, but I opted for the one on the left for 2 reasons.  One, it looked like a piano keyboard and gave the card more motion and two, I wanted to enter it in a CAS challenge and it needed more white space.

I think I will make another like the one on the right next time I'm out playing in the cave!



  

Here's a close up of the card I ended up with:


Thanks so much for stopping by!


I will enter this in:





 
  

19 comments:

  1. I love the alcohol inks & yupo-what a vibrant look it gives this card! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Angie. I love the inking on the note and the sentiment. It's high time for me to try alcohol inks! I love the black and white striped paper and the way you used it - and yes - it does bring a piano keyboard to mind. Great take on the ATCS challenge. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Angie! Love the bold black and white with the keys, and the music theme is awesome! Thanks for sharing your awesome work with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Happy New Year! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design and love the bright and cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really super card, great dies and colours.
    Thank you for joining our 'Something New' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Angie, what a wonderful card! Love the dies you've used as well as the striped paper. I can't decide which of the cards I prefer, they're both so beautiful in different ways. I think the one on the left is slightly more elegant and gives more the look of a grand piano. But both are gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week and welcome back for a new year of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing along with us at the Watercooler Wednesday Feminine Challenge this week and sharing both of your beautiful "Just a Note" cards. Love the keyboard on the second card and the raised letting its perfect to showcase your sentiments. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great take on the code word it looks like a piano. Thank you for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you about the keyboard look! Such a cute card! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a perfectly balanced design with just the right touch of colour. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a stunning CAS card!!!! I adore this use of alcohol inks! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super FUN design!! Thanks for joking us at Your Next Stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for spelling error!! Meant joining!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the design and how you used those alcohol inks for a sentiment. WOW. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous colourful musical note and sentiment. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Something New Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card, love the alcohol inks!
    Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards Angie. I love how you used the stripes and created such beautiful color on the dies! So happy you played with us for this challenge at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete