Recognition

Monday, December 11, 2017

Plaid and Snowflake Cards


Hello and welcome!  I played in the cave today and made a couple of similar cards, one to enter in the 2017 Winter Coffee Lover's Blog Hop and another Christmas card.


I've been wanting to use patterned paper on an angle like this since I saw my friend Bobby's card HERE.  I just loved the look of those angles and it had been a long time since I had done a layout like that so today's the day.  Thanks to Bobby for the inspiration!

Both cards were made with paper from The Paper Studio, (the plaid and the snow pattern), dotted ribbon from May Arts, and stamps from Joy Clair sets:  Coffee Quotes and Coffee Lovers.

This first card, the coffee one, was stamped and paper pieced and I added the "coffee" which was kraft card stock covered in sparkle pen.

I will also enter it in:
Allsorts Challenge #445



The second card sentiment is a die from Impression Obsession and I cut 2 black and one plaid and stacked them on top of each other.  I really like the look of the gray snow paper with that plaid.  
I think it looks very cozy!  Thanks so much for stopping by!



13 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous with that fantastic layout and how you used the plaid paper in so many ways. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your die cut and layout. Plaid is really in this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design of your first card. The double sentiment looks amazing on your second one,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...really love the plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty. I love plaid and love the layout and sentiment. striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love that plaid! I looks like fabric! Such a pretty card and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great and attractive design with plaids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful. The plaid backgrounds are wonderful for a Xmas card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that plaid! Such a cozy card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Snowflake' Challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous sentiments! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards, love the plaid in the back, so retro. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete