Recognition

Monday, December 25, 2017

It's Your Birthday Money Holder Gift


Hello and welcome!  I'm sharing a gift I made for my daughter's New Years Eve birthday!  I remember the night she was born.  A lot of our friends were on their way to parties, etc. but they were so sweet and they stopped by the hospital to say "hi" and see my sweet little girl!  I thought it was a great day to have a birthday because the whole world will be celebrating her birthday every year!

I had actually already made her a card with Llama's because she likes Llamas.  She recently visited Peru and has several pictures with them on her trip.

I used stamps and the birthday die from Winnie & Walter and patterned paper from Papertrey Ink.  The money holder is MFT's "Lip Balm Die" with their lips balm plastic holders.
After putting the card together, I added a few poinsettias from my stash.

Below is a close up view - I accidentally left off the dot for the "i"....I'm sure it's in my craft cave somewhere!  


Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this! The pop of red is great on this plaid background. What a unique money card. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my "O Holy Night" card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a creative card! Cute, too. My daughter's b-day is the 23rd, which she used to think it was great adding another day to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen this before, and it's GREAT!!! Using the lip balm holder for money is just genius!!! And what a fun story about your daughter's birthday. I guess having birthday on the last day of the year would be very special! Happy birthday to her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card design and a great way to give a gift of money. I love the black plaid and the touch of red on your design too. This would work for Christmas gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your daughter's birthday! I'm sure she's going to LOVE this. So clever to use the holder as a money holder. Way to go Mamma :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative idea--beautifully festive card! I know your daughter will love this--even without llamas!

    ReplyDelete