Recognition

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy Little Stamper Watercolor Challenge January 2017


Happy New Year!  I hope you have a wonderful time ringing in the new year and are ready for 2018!

I'm excited to be here today with my card for the HLS Watercolor Challenge design team!
This month's challenge is:


Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

I have been needing some "uplifting" cards with encouraging words for a family member who is going through quite a tough time.  I thought this card would surely lift her spirits!

For my card I used Joy Clair "Hugs and Smiles" stamp set for the flowers and Joy Clair "God's Love" stamp set for the sentiment.  The background was watercolored on tissue paper then adhered to white card stock.  I stamped the sentiment and flowers with my Misti, die cut the circle, then added a heart die cut inside the stamped heart, that I had colored with pink marker and sparkle pen.  I used the same to color the tiny flowers.  Then I added Gelly Roll glitter pen in clear to the black dots on the floral stamp - they actually show up as silver in the pictures.  I added the optional twist this month of "Sequins!"

These sequins are called "Rosie Posie Mix" and they are from my stash.
Here's a close up view:


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you will enter this month HERE!


8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design. I love the beautiful circle against the white. I'm pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Such a pretty background for those black images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Angie! I love the way the circle echoes the flowers and the way you have off set it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the placement of your softly coloured circle die Angie. Those circle flowers look fabulous but your sentiment takes some beating. Your close up photo shows just how beautiful this card is. Certainly hope your card is uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angie, what a stunning card! I love the technique you used, watercolouring on tissue paper first. The results are really amazing. Stamping on top of that and colouring some of the blooms is so effective! Love that sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card would lift anyone's spirits. Beautiful! Welcome to the team xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background is beautiful, there is magic and mystery in it. Black sketches of flowers look amazing. Adding pink sequins so beautifully adds a glow card.

    ReplyDelete