Recognition

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Yappy Christmas


Hello and welcome!  This is my 2nd card for today, made with MFT's "Happy Pawlidays" stamp set.  I just love the images in this set and the sentiments too!  I lost my best furry friend this past summer and have been really missing her - so it's fun for me to make dog cards as it brings back really fond memories of my dear sweet Maggie!  RIP!

I stamped and colored the images with Prismacolor Pencils and gamsol, then fussy cut them all out.  I took some plaid paper from my stash and made a card base from it, then cut out a scalloped circle in the front.  (I added a 2nd white panel with a scalloped circle cut out too, behind the top panel to give it some strength.)  I placed the dog and sentiment inside the card and the ornament and presents on the outside of the card.  I added a string for the ornament with a black marker and some white sequin snowflakes from my stash.  Lastly I added clear Nuvo drops on his nose, white parts of his hat, his bell on his collar, and the ornament.  I love how easy those Nuvo drops are to use!

Here are some additional views of my card where it's a little easier to see the clear Nuvo shine:




Here you can see the dog on the inside while the card is standing up: 


I will enter this in:

  
  


11 comments:

  1. How cute is that doggie in the window ... the one with the waggley tail ... so very glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card-love the plaid, the striped stocking and the adorable puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute take on the inspiration photo! This is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable, Angie! I love the plaid framing and how you've strategically placed the images and colored them perfectly!! Thank you for playing at Inspired By All the Little Things!! Hugs, Darnell (p.s. I finally got me some Nuvo drops and now I just have to remember that I have them!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Your coloring is lovely, the pup adorable and it looks great on the plaid! Hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love your big bold gingham, it is just so striking, and that sweet little pup with gifts is too adorable. I love your design with pup on the inside of the card! Thank you for joining us at Inspired by all the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun and darling card design. I love that little pup and great look inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. I love dog and puppy cards and this is a good one. I like the black and white paper and the scalloped window too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun and festive holiday card, that little puppy is BEYOND cute as is the sentiment! i love that it's a window card, as well! so pleased you could join our "creature feature" fun (again!!) at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super adorable. I love that fun sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh he is a cute Image
    and I love love your plaid paper
    great coloring Angie
    love your cute card...

    And see the winner here Angie...congrats

    http://creativewithstampschallenge.blogspot.de/2018/01/winners-from-december-challenge-21_5.html

    ReplyDelete