Recognition

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Just Us Girls #413 Word Die Cuts


We have a new challenge this week at Just Us Girls - Word Die Cut!  Please come visit the JUGS blog to see what are wonderful guest designer, Linda, and the whole team has come up with to inspire you!


I love dies and I really love word dies!  I used the Merry Christmas die from Hero Arts "Christmas Trimmings" Stamp and Cut set.  I cut the words out of fun foam in red, green and light gray.  I took 3 plain oval shapes of wood and swiped Distress Inks in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain over them several times to get different shades of browns.  I punched a hole in the top and added twine for the hangers.  I used poinsettias and holly leaves and berries from my stash and glued them to the ornaments, then added some large snowflake sequins from my stash.  I love how rustic these look and they were really fun to make.  I have given these as holiday gifts in the past - it's always fun to give someone a handmade gift!

We hope you will play along! We can't wait to see what you create for Just Us Girls!

18 comments:

  1. These are FABulous Angie! Way to change it up and showcase something besides a card! Great job and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty! Your wood tags are amazing, perfectly embellished. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great ornaments, Angie. I've never used fun foam plain like that. It's always under paper but they look fantastic on the wood die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags. I like the foam die cute sentiments and the wooden pieces you decorate. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag creations, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little wood tags are just so beautiful Angie. Thanks so much for having me as the GD this month. It was such an honor and so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!
    Thank you for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge... and best of luck with your entry.

    Mary DT The Merry Christmas Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very lovely. They will look really lovely on some Christmas gifts. Pretty! Thanks for joining us over at the Merry Christmas Challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome! So cool! They are a treasure to keep long after the gift has been opened! Thanks for sharing this with us at SIP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving the ABC projects you have been making! Adds a little fun addition to the team's card line up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fabulous tags Angie. What a great idea to give as gifts. They are so delicate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are awesome! Thanks for sharing at The Merry Christmas Challenge.
    Janis, Owner/DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous! I would use these as ornaments on my tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fabulous! I love the way you inked the wood ovals. These ornaments are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful creations. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so stinkin' cute. I love your take on the challenge, great die cuts and embellies here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely tags.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Sentiment in Focus' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete