Recognition

Sunday, June 18, 2017

More Thank You Cards


I'm building up my stash of thank you cards.  Today I was playing with Altenew's Golden Garden set and Concord & 9th's Lace Leaf and Hello Lovely sets to come up with these 3 cards.  This first card was made using Gina K Designs card stock the sentiment is from Lace Leaf and the flowers are from Golden Garden set.  I added a little of the green ink with water on a small piece of acetate to smooth the black stamped leaves so they would match the stamped parts of the green stamped leaves.  I love the layering flowers and leaves from this set, so sketchy and pretty!  I will enter this one in:

Happy Little Stampers CAS June Challenge
 (My little bit of green smooshing was very tiny, probably shouldn't have entered this one in that challenge....sorry!)
Happy Little Stampers June Watercolor Challenge





The next two cards started with a water color panel that I stamped on the sentiment from Lace Leaf.  This next one, I used Zigs to color some of it and also traced and cut 4 of the flowers on vellum then fussy cut them out and attached them with brads to the panel.  I traced with a black fine line topic on the top side of the vellum petals, cut in between them and rolled them upwards for more layered dimension.  Lastly I trimmed the panel and adhered it to a black panel, then to a GKD card base.
I will enter this one in:

    




And this 3rd card, I used the same sentiment and then stamped the flowers (in black and pinks) from Golden Garden on a watercolor panel.  I trimmed it down then added it to a GKD card base along with 2 thin strips of black card stock.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Here'a a look at all 3 cards:


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards - love all 3 of them! The watercolors are wonderful! Looks like you had fun today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the card you joined for our Sunday Stamps color challenge is adorable
    love that pink big flower
    and the watercolor background is perfecto for your flower image
    great card Miss lady
    many thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this time
    hugs
    Monika DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Great use of the challenge colors!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    These are all fab cards, the first one is my favourite as it beautifully CAS, however I can't quite spot where you used smooshing on it, as that is the focus of our challenge this month!
    We appreciate you joining in the fun at Happy Little Stamper's CAS Challenge
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three lovely cards. My favourite is the first one, the soft pink and green look lovely on the white base. Your smooshing is very subtle, I wouldn't have spotted it without reading your description.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! Thank you for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a beautiful trio of cards, especially the second one! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete