Recognition

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Cards from SSS June Kit

This first card is another version of a card I made here.  I used the insert of the design team's card for the kit for inspiration.  I colored just the 3 flowers in the center with Zigs.  This is my 2nd version of this card, it has a longer sentiment and some pp inside and more sentiments.  I made it for my daughter for her wedding shower this weekend!  (I'll add a picture or two after the shower!)


Here she is opening gifts!!!!  The wedding is less than 3 months away!  And that's her sister (MOH) recording the gifts for her!

    

  

I love these two sweeties so much!

This next card is a CASE of the sample card picture in the kit designed by Heather Hoffman.  Her colors were more subtle and really soft and pretty and she also used some patterned paper in the background.  I loved the design and how she layered 3 sentiments from the stamp set.  I colored mine with Zigs and added clear Nuvo drops.


This 3rd card is way out of my comfort zone.  I am not a layering kind of card maker nor a big user of patterned paper so this one was kind of crazy for me.  I even put patterned paper on the back of the card and on the inside!  All the supplies came from the kit except the twine, the vellum, Versamark ink and the black embossing powder.


I'll enter this 3rd card in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
and in the Dies R Us Celebrations Challenge #75 (Sizzix heart die, Wplus9 rectangle and scalloped stitched rectangle from Sunshine Layers die set.)

  
Here are more views of all 3 cards:


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. All are just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Celebrations’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful cards you made. All are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, these are so pretty, great job with the simon says stamp card kit! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three gorgeous cards! And well done for stepping out of your comfort zone with the layering card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both just stunning! Well done! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete