Recognition

Monday, June 5, 2017

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful



Over at StampTV, Cat is hosting this week's challenge:  "Let the Music Move You" where you base your card on a song.  I chose "You are so beautiful" from 1974 sung by Joe Cocker.
Great song from my teenage days!

I used the new Stamp TV kit "Sentimental Summer Kit" stamp set called "Your Own Kind of Beautiful" for the succulents, and sentiment.  The background is one of the patterned papers in the new kit, foiled in dark pink.  I framed the sentiment with very thin strips of black card stock and added it all to a white card base.  Everything was from the kit, except the foil from my stash and the Nuvo Jewel Drops in Key Lime that I added to finish it off.
Here are a few more views:
I will also enter this in the
Stamping Sensations June Use Your Fav Stamp Challenge
(been looking for a succulent stamp forever, and this new one from GKD was perfect!)
CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #175
Curtain Call Succulent Challenge

    
Thanks so much for stopping by!

  

6 comments:

  1. I saw this on FB and at the Stamp Tv and loved it. Great use of the foiling too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very striking creation, many thanks for sharing your favourite stamp with us at Stamping Sensations June challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love that foiled patterned paper! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pairing of sentiment with stamps! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card with a lovely design, very bright and cheerful! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensatiopns. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and style.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete