Recognition

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Wedding Congratulations with Vellum





Hi and happy weekend!  I had some time to play today and I made this card with a few challenges in mind.  

The background was made with an Echo Park stencil "Magical Plaid", Versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  The stamps are from 2 Gina K Designs sets, one is an older wedding set, I can't find the name of it and the sentiment is from "Congratulations on your new home"-I cut off just the "Congratulations" word to use on this card.  

I used inks in aqua, yellow, gray and kraft and blended them for the background and the outer circle.  I used just the aqua ink (from Reverse Confetti) for the scalloped inside circle.  I used a number of different dies from Memory Box, Sizzix, and Your Next Stamp to make all the different circle elements to frame the cute couple and sentiment.   I first tried covering the couple with polka dot vellum, but the dots blocked the letters and made the sentiment hard to read, so I went with plain vellum to soften the look.   I was going to enter this in Less is More challenge, but once again, it's one layer and just like a week or so ago.....I added too many layers....so my next card will be one layer only!

I will enter this in:


      



5 comments:

  1. love the embossed background, such a pretty card with the vellum...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant and lovely with the vellum overlay and the shimmer from the clear embossing of that design for a background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Love the background - I thought it was designer paper. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully elegant!

    Thanks for playing at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Angie!! What a great card for a wedding. You did an amazing job. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete