Recognition

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Kindness Confetti with Distress Oxides

white confetti main wm.jpg

Hi everyone, I have 2 fun cards for you today using the Hero Arts "Acts of Kindness" stamp set and Hero Arts Confetti Stencil Pair.  Most of you know that Jennifer McGuire has a Kindness Campaign going on and I wanted to participate in it, so I got out my kindness stamp set and here's what I came up with.  If you want more details about that Kindness Campaign, just click HERE.
Both backgrounds for the cards were inked with the stencil and 3 colors of Distress Oxide Ink, turning the stencil often so the confetti would overlap in different colors.  The sentiment from the set was stamped two different ways, as is for the black card, and then I cut the acrylic stamp in two pieces to make it fit the label die on the white card.
I also inked the sentiment backgrounds with oxide inks.
Both sentiments were hole punched then attached to the cards with twine from my stash.  The label die is from Sizzix and the dotted banner die is from Cherry Lynn Designs.  (I cut the flag and the other end off the banner to shorten it.)  The black panel was attached directly to the card base.  The white one was cut with scalloped rectangle die, then cut with a larger label die, then I mounted the top and bottom pieces to a piece of black card stock, then onto a white card base.  I added some Nuvo drops on both cards and sprayed the black one with shimmer spray.
black confetti wm main.jpg
I will enter the white one in Just Us Girls Challenge #393



Here are a few more views:

black white wm collage.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Those confetti backgrounds look amazing and the blending on the sentiment layers looks great. Love how you attached the sentiment panels with twine. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the backgrounds you made and your blending of the colors is just perfect. Looks like some fun inking you did. I might have to invest in a few of those Distress Oxides yet too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun cards! Love the panels you created with distress inks, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete