Recognition

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Hero Arts Paper Layering For You


I'm over at the a2z scrapbooking blog today with this post for our April Challenge "Getting to Know You" where you use some of your favorite Hero Arts products.

I was experimenting with some of my favorite paper layering dies from Hero Arts.  I used them with an embossing mat in my Big Shot to make impressions on the card stock.  Then I swiped ink pads across the impressions.  Then I actually did die cut them after they were inked and they turned out pretty cool looking!  Here's the hummingbirds I embossed.  I ended up not using them but did use the paper layering mum die with the ombre spring brights ink.


I mounted it on a black circle die cut then popped up the layers.


Then I inked some woodgrain vellum with black ink and put it on a black card panel.  I added the mum offset and then mounted it all on a white card base.  I trimmed the edges of the mum and added the black paper layering hummingbird and the sentiment (from Happy stamp set) heat embossed in white.  If you look at the picture on the bottom right below, you can see how the swallowtail butterfly paper layering die looks embossed with the die and inked, before I cut them out.  I really like the way embossing, then inking, then cutting makes the die have little white edges on the cuts.  Lastly I added diamond gems for their eyes and the flower center.  

For a complete list of supplies I used, click HERE!


I'll be entering this in A Blog Named Hero April Challenge



6 comments:

  1. I bought this flower layering die since I saw you use it a while back. This is such a bright, cheerful card made with it. Thanks for the inspiration. Hope hubby is better and you have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how stinkin' FUN!!! I'm going to try this, it's so creative! Love your colors too, fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful card with the birds and the lovely flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love how you die cut the flower and then cut it out in the circle! Thanks for the inspiration and thank you for joining A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete