Recognition

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Crazy Dogs in Silhouette Watercolor




I used the Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs stamp set to make one of the dogs (my fav one!) into a silhouette form for a card.  I watercolored a piece of Arches cold pressed watercolor paper in pinks and greens then die cut a postage die out of the center and another one out of the watercolor paper.  I stamped the dog in Memento black ink then filled in the whole dog with a Memento black marker.  I added sparkle pen to the whole dog, and then some extra glitter pens in various colors to the eyes, nose, mouth ad color.  I added a few different gems to those areas and then some google eyes.  
The card on the left has sentiment and die cut word from Neat and Tangled Awesome set and the card on the right sentiment and watermarked dog prints are from Stampendous "Dog's Sayings" set.   The card on the left also has the die in-laid into the postage cut out and the one on the right is adhered directly to a pink card base from Reverse Confetti.
It was funny because before I added the sparkle definition to the eyes, mouth and nose - it just looked like a black blog.  I asked my DH if he could tell what the black figure was (before I added features) and he said "some kind of blobby monster?, for halloween?"   Hahaha!  I thought I better add some features so you could actually tell it was a dog!  If you look at the black outline without the nose, mouth, eyes and color - it looks very spooky, like a monster man with his winged arms raised.  I think I will remember this for Halloween and use this little guy to stretch my stamps and get some scary monsters for cards for my grandkids!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I will enter this one in:


 

I will enter this one in:



  

13 comments:

  1. These are so cute and I love the googly eyes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute cards for any dog lover. TFS with us on CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ... these are SO Cute! Love the googlie eyes! LOL Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Silhouettes’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dog is adorable, Macimbalo! I'm glad you added details so he doesn't look like a monster! The sentiments are perfect! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how stinkin' CUTE!! I love the googly eyes and that cute red button nose. Very sweet cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards!! Sweet dog with all the details! :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, how original! I have never seen these dogs made into a silhouette and I love it! Love the watercolor background too! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, they are fun and adorable! Love that you've actually colored them in black. Thank you so much for joining us at Little Tangles challenge!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore that dog, I own that dog....or his brother lol Beautiful water coloring, but that dog is the star of the show! He is fun and fabulous! Love that awesome die too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant idea and so very cute! I'm trying to picture it as a blobby monster... Too funny! Love your cards and I'm so glad you shared in our Silhouettes Challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love these dogs and the addition of the googly eyes in a genius idea!! Its such a fab design and the sentiment is just perfect. So glad you shared this with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful background and I just love your animal for our theme challenge this week! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!!!

    ReplyDelete