Recognition

Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Mother's Love




I almost didn't buy this stamp set because it had a lot of Mother's Day and Love sentiments.  My mom passed away summer of 2015 so making Mother's Day cards was tricky last year and I imagine it will be again this year.  I do have both a mother-in law and a step mother-in-law that I made cards for - but it was difficult.  I was so happy that at the Reverse Confetti retreat last fall we made one mother's day card and then I won a 2nd of the same card (the one that Jen had made) in a drawing.  So ta-da!  I have my two mother's day cards I need for this year.  It was such a relief!

But after looking at this sentiment, I can send a card with this sentiment to my daughters or daughter in laws.....will make me happy to share a card like this with them!

Stamps used were "Wild Hibiscus" from Altenew, Archival black ink, Distress Oxide inks and sponge daubers, washi tape, black and white card stock from Gina K Designs, and tons and tons of Wink of Stella.  In one of the pictures below you can see how crazy I went with the Wink of Stella!

I will enter this in the
CAS-ual Friday Challenge #170 No Dies



  

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your beautiful card and that stamp set! Your sponged colors look fabulous as does that awesome butterfly! Loving that added sparkle too! Thanks so much for playing along again with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Things that Fly’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the side dots and your pretty sponging - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soft inking around the 'winked' butterflies is beautiful. I'm so glad you shared it with us at Just Us Girls

    ReplyDelete