Recognition

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Love Ya Bday




I'm here today as a guest designer for Crafting by Designs June Anything Goes Challenge, thank you so much for inviting me!

I made this card for a dear friend who's birthday is coming up!  Hopefully she will have received it before this post goes live!!!   I used digital stamps from "From the Heart Digital" stamp company called "Be Happy Birdbrain".  I just love this little guy - he's adorable, the whole stamp is.
I colored him in with Spectrum Noir markers and the rest with Zig Clean Color Markers.  

I die cut the word bubble out with the die from Hero Arts "Yes" Stamp and Cut set DC132.  Then stamped the "Love Ya", from the Inspired by Stamping set called "Trendy Circle Sentiments", with Stazon black ink on to vellum with sparkles in it (from Hero Arts May kit.)  I adhered the little clear with sparkles vellum piece behind the word bubble.

I die cut the top panel with the frame from Wplus9's "Sunshine Layers" set and mounted that on a piece of turquoise vellum that came in the 2016 Hero Arts May kit.  I adhered it all to the card base, added Wink of Stella on the flowers and the bird's eye's and beak and a few gems from the same Hero Arts kit to the flower centers.   

I'm entering this card in:
I (Heart) Sketches with a tWist #154  (I'm only doing the twist part, not the sketch.)

Here's a few more views and thanks for stopping by!



12 comments:

  1. Hi Macimbalo, love your little Birdbrain, so cute and I may need to add those scalloped dies to my stash, thank you for the inspiration... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous design and awesome coloring! So, so cute! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘BIRDS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and fantastic image! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, I love him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH - how fun - love the belly on birdbrain the dies and way you've pulled together the design. Appreciate your entry with us at From The Heart Stamps Sketch 154 this week. Good LUck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling! I love this guy "blown up", he really does highlight your coloring skills. Great design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps i {heart} sketches with a tWist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I recognize this card!! I love it! Isn't he adorable. He now has a permanent home on my bookshelf in my craft area. Thank you my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative!! I love what you did with the die, and your coloring is awesome!! Thanks for sending me a link!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute is he? Love where you added the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fun card. Thanks for playing along with the A Blog Named Hero Challenge

    ReplyDelete